Ottery Help Scheme is a small charity serving the town of Ottery St Mary and the surrounding villages. Our registered charity number is 1150898.
Ottery Help Scheme is committed to protecting your privacy. We do not share your data with other organisations and never engage in direct marketing.
What information do we collect?
When you contact us, we collect your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number, next of kin emergency contact number and name of your doctor. If you want to use our community car service, we also ask about mobility issues.
How is the information used?
We only use your data to:
• provide a service that you may have requested from us
• process a donation that you may have made to us
• send you communications that you may have requested from us (eg. our newsletter)
• administer volunteer arrangements if you volunteer with us.
We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil statutory obligations but will only hold your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the services that you have requested from us. We review our retention periods for personal information on an annual basis.
Who has access to your information?
We will never share or sell your information to third parties.
We take looking after your information very seriously. We've implemented appropriate measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line.
Unfortunately the transmission of information using the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information sent to us this way, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site.
• You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. You can make a request for access free of charge. Please make all requests for access in writing
• If you have given us your consent to use personal information (for example, for newsletters), you can withdraw your consent at any time
• You can ask us to delete your personal information, where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, at any time.
For more information
This policy was updated in May 2018.